Let's Get FAB

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Cookin' with Nij

One of my latest goals is to try at least 2 recipes per month, in an effort to add more variety and also expand my growing list of "Fave Things I Like to Cook."  Besides, eating the same things the same way all the time can get pretty boring.  Also, I want to enjoy my food.  Just because I'm choosing healthier ways to eat, should not mean the food has to lack taste or that I'll lose my taste buds altogether.  So I headed to Pinterest and boy, there were sooo many recipes and how tos...and surpisingly, it sparked my culinary interest!

The first recipe I tried was chicken related. You can't go wrong with chicken, lol!  I found this particular recipe on All Recipes.  I did modify it because although the recipe called for (crushed) croutons, I didn't have those, so I used Panko (bread crumbs) instead.  That is the only difference.  Other than that, I cut and seasoned the strips, then dipped them in butter.  Next, I coated them with a thin layer of Panko and put them in the oven (on a baking sheet) until they were a nice golden brown.  After about 20 minutes, I flipped them over so that the other side could bake to a nice golden crisp as well.
These chicken nuggets were well seasoned and altogether yummy!

For dipping sauce, I used Wish Bone's Spicy Honey Mustard and voila!!  The chicken nuggets were crunchy on the outside and very tender and well seasoned on the inside.  For my side dish, I had a hearty salad with greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, and raisins.

Well peeps, feel free to join me and swap recipes.  Besides, why buy it when we can learn to make it ourselves!  Thanks for reading and stay tuned for my next Cookin' with Nij adventure! ~Nijah~

2 comments: